As I noted in my home page and ‘Welcome’, I am an occupational therapist, consultant and educator. Much of my work as a therapist, researcher and educator has focused on issues related to children of all abilities. I am certified to give the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT). I have authored multiple articles and two books: Writing Goals and Objectives in School-Based Practice and Ready, Set, Write! A Handwriting Development Program. I’m currently residing in Amarillo, Texas and working on two books and two assessment tools.
My education, work history and volunteer activities are listed below.
- BS in Occupational Therapy, Texas Woman’s University, 1994
- MA in Occupational Therapy, Texas Woman’s University, 1999
- PhD in Occupational Therapy, Texas Woman’s University, 2001
- Associate Professor, Elizabethtown College in PA from 2004-2009
- Adjunct Professor, Texas Woman’s University since 2002
- Consultant, private and public school districts in West Texas and Central Pennsylvania
- Consultant/Lead Occupational Therapist, Lubbock Independent School District, 1994-2004
- Adjunct Professor, Texas Tech University, 2003-2004 and 1996-1998
- Staff Occupational Therapist, Companion Home Healthcare, 1994-1995
American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Commissioner on Practice 2005-2008.
- Proposal Reviewer for the 2004 and 2005 AOTA Conference
- Roster of Accreditation Evaluators 2001-2004
Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners (TBOTE):
- Board Member 2010 to present
- Editorial Board: Journal of Occupational Therapy in Early Intervention, Preschools & Schools, 2006-present
- Editorial Board: Therapy Times, 2006-present.
- Reviewer for special issue of Occupational Therapy in Health Care (Volume 19, 1/2) entitled The Scholarship of Practice in Occupational Therapy edited by Pat Crist, PhD, OTR and Gary Kielhofner, PhD, OTR.
Honors/Awards: AOTA Service Awards, 2004, 2006 & 2010